The current Government guidance
states you can exercise outdoors if you stay more that 2 metres away from others.
Players should wash hands before and after a playing without exception (use an alcohol gel if washing hands is not possible)
Activity should only take place where travel to and from the courts can be done in a way compliant with social distancing advice, with players not travelling together unless they are part of a group residing in the same place.
Rules to follow
- Avoid touching your face
- Only one player should pick up the balls
- Players are advised not to change ends during play
- Always at least 2 meters apart from whoever playing with or against
- Activity should be in line with the Government’s advised social distancing measures at all times (defined by Public Health England as spending no more than 15 minutes within a 2-metre distance of someone), including when arriving to and departing from a court.
If you are not confident that you can adhere to the social distancing guidance when undertaking tennis and coaching activity in doubles format, you should only facilitate activity with two players per court.
Coaches have implemented the following rules:
- Always at least 2 meters apart
- Ensure no physical contact between players
- Clean and wipe down equipment, including rackets, courtside benches, cones. Do not allow racket sharing or use of communal rackets
Keep active and do it safely.
Information guidance correct as of 22.03.2020 be aware this information may have changed. Stay up to date: www.lta.org.uk
Follow us on Social Media for updates across the Borough!
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram